Welcome to MCTC
FREE TAX PREP
Whether your return is simple or complicated, Metro-St. Louis Community Tax Coalition (MCTC) can help you. MCTC offers free tax preparation services. With us, free really means free. MCTC is a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance/Tax Counseling for the Elderly (VITA/TCE) program partnering with the Internal Revenue Service. Serving low to moderate-income families and individuals, seniors, persons with disabilities, and limited English-speaking taxpayers. Congress authorized the VITA/TCE program in 1969 – VITA/TCE is over 50 years old.
Service at MCTC are provided by a team of 250+ IRS-certified volunteers who are passionate about taxes and serving their community. We can prepare federal and state returns for individuals and families earning under $66,000, including Missouri Property Tax refunds for renters and homeowners.
Our site locations include both weekday sites and Saturday sites to accommodate your schedule. Due to COVID-19 and physical site space considerations and to control capacity, clients are requested to make an appointment.
Due to volunteer availability, sites may offer:
- Drop off service – client picks up their tax return the following week (we will scan or make copies & return your originals)
- Tax preparation services the day of the appointment
Masks, health screenings, hand sanitizers, and plexiglass dividers will be in use for both clients and volunteers. Review our web pages at the Clients page to learn more about free tax preparation for the 2022 tax season. Visit the Locations page
- To view all locations
- To make an appointment
- To utilize our Virtual VITA/TCE process
MCTC goals for its client base is financial stability and independence, improving the economic well-being of low and moderate-income individuals, families, and communities by building a movement to dramatically increase access to tax credits, benefits, and asset-building resources;
We accomplish this
- Through financial education and consumer training
- By providing a high-quality tax assistance program and representation to low and moderate-income families
- By educating low and moderate-income families with respect to their tax obligations under our voluntary compliance system