Items to Bring to File Your Taxes
- Valid picture ID, driver’s license or passport
- Social Security Cards of those on tax return, letter from Social Security office or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) letter from IRS, if applicable – (IRS mails late December – early January)
- Copy of 2021 return
- Bring Notice 1444C and Letter 6475: This is the total amount of the 3rd Stimulus Payment Received
- Bring Letter 6419: This is the total amount of advance Child Tax Credit payments IRS issued between July 15 and December 15, 2021.
- Bank routing & account numbers (direct deposit) or direct debit (balance due). Note: Debit card # is not bank routing or account #.
- If married filing jointly – both spouses must be present to sign tax returns.
- We do not prepare business returns or rental property returns.
Want to save time and make your visit more efficient? Download this form, complete it online, and print it at home. Bring it with you when you come to have your tax return completed. This is a HUGE time saver!!
If possible, your returns will be filed electronically with both the IRS and the State(s).
We strongly recommend any refund be electronically deposited into your bank account.
- W-2s, W-2G, all 1099 series documents (A, B, C, DIV, G, INT, K, MISC, NEC, Q, R, SA, SSA)
- Form 1099-G: Unemployment – Available from Portal to Download
- Form 1098-T – Student Loan Interest
- Charitable Contributions Documentations
- Health Insurance Premiums or Long-Term Care Premiums You Paid – MO residents
NOTE: IF YOU DON’T OWN A HOME, ITEMIZING DEDUCTIONS IS UNLIKELY, THE STANDARD DEDUCTION IS MORE BENEFICIAL
- Advanced Child Tax Credit – Letters 6416/6416A (Issued June 2021), 6419 (Issued Jan 2022) – Not having this letter may delay your refund.
- Dependent Care – letter from daycare provider of amounts paid
- Education – American Opportunity or Lifetime Learning – Form 1098-T, Student Financial Account Analysis from portal; text book receipts
- Form 1095A – Market Place Insurance
- IL Real Estate Tax Credit – requires County parcel ID number and verification of taxes paid.
MO Property Tax Credit (Circuit Breaker)
- Non-taxable sources – Letter – SSI or VA benefits
- MO Form 5674 or letter from property owner (not landlord) showing rent paid
- Paid receipt-real estate taxes-personal residence